Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

How many days in jail are you supose to get for assualt and

Customer Question
being your first misterminer?...
How many days in jail are you supose to get for assualt and being your first misterminer?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/1/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Roger, Lawyer
What state are you in?
I live in the state of Ohio.

Attempting to cause or causing bodily harm you will face Class I misdemeanor charges which carry a potential sentence of up to 6 months in jail and fines up to $1,000.

Threatening or causing a family or household member to believe that physical harm will be caused, you will face Class IV misdemeanor charges which carry a possible penalty of up to 30 days in jail and $250 in fines.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2919.25

what if the person was prevoked into assulting the victum and has witnesses?
The other person could be charged with assault as well. The provocation can be used as a defense.
but what if the person being assaulted did not provoke the assaulter by hitting or touching in any way and intended to use words (name calling) to the assaulter?
If it was unprovoked, the potential punishment is the same. There is just not
much of a defense.
what if the assaulter was never read their rights when arrested?
That only matters if they're asking you to admit to committing the crime.
totally different story. state of ohio. 11 yr old boy being choked, kicked, hit, grabbed, thrown down by stepdad while mother is watching and does nothing to stop him, what charges could be pressed against her for watching her child be treated like that?
Child neglect is the first thing that comes to mind. Her indifference to the child's safety, and her failure to call 911 could be culpable.
Roger, Lawyer