How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawmoe Your Own Question
Lawmoe, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 2415
Experience:  More than 19 years of experience as a Criminal Defense Lawyer
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Lawmoe is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My probation officer gave me permission to transfer my probation

This answer was rated:

My probation officer gave me permission to transfer my probation to florida. he was new and didn't realize how difficult the process is to do this. before he realizes this i quit my job and calls me the day before i am to leave and tells me i cannot go. i then cannot find work and go about 3 months out of work living out of my car and not making restitution. my cousin offers me a job in another state and i go. i then move and they violate me. i have continued to make my payments down here even though a warrant is still out for me. the crime was non-violent grand larceny. l owe 19,500 after originally taking 51k

You should hire counsel. In many instances, the warrant can be quashed or stayed an a hearing set. Based on the facts presented, you can also seek to change your probation to another state if (1) the new state will accept it (and usually they will charge you if they do); and (2) the Judge allows it.


It would seem that without more information, the violation seems rather insignificant and I would be surprised if it resulted in any execution of jail time previously stayed. However, you cannot avoid an appearance in NY on the violation/



Lawmoe and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you