Lawmoe
Lawmoe, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  More than 19 years of experience as a Criminal Defense Lawyer
3560666

A womoan tried to seduce my husband, and when he refused, she

A student at my school tried to seduce my husband, who is academic advisor, and when he refused, she asked for money, and when he refused, she reported to the police 4 months later that my husband sexually assaulted her and kept her against her will in my apartment. She will also file a civil law suit, unless we pay her. Can I sue her for libel or damage for my suffering? I am the dean of the school.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.

If she sues civilly, you would then file a counter suit for defamation in addition to your answer to the complaint. The bigger issue is the specter of criminal charges. You should retain a lawyer as soon as possible and before any statements are made to police. What you say and how it is presented is critical if you say anything at all, which is usually not advisable.

Retain any from this individual. In California, you cannot record calls, however, unless all participants to the call are aware it is being recorded.

PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT BELOW