Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

In Louisana what kind of sentence could you expect for

Customer Question
multiple check forgery for close...
In Louisana what kind of sentence could you expect for multiple check forgery for close to $8000
thanks, ***** *****
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/24/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Michael J, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Michael J, Esq.
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

It depends on how many counts you are charged with and what your criminal record looks like. You age will also be taken into consideration. If you are guilty and decide to plea, the max for each charge is 10 years.

In a situation like this, I could see the DA dropping all but one charge, sentencing you to 5-6 years, with credit for time served and the remainer to be served on post-release supervision.(probation). That is, of course, if your record is relatively clear.

Hope this helps,

If my answer was helpful, please click ACCEPT so I may be compensated for my time. If you are not satisfied with the Answer, please feel free not to Accept, and post a follow up question so I may be able to clarify my Answer. My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.

Regards,

Michael
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer