Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
26798026

My son has a CAPIAS FOR FTA - VIOLATION OF PROBATION warrant

My son has a CAPIAS FOR FTA - VIOLATION OF PROBATION warrant that was issued in 2003. He wants to clear up this matter but is unsure of the best way to dissolve. He is unemployed and has just moved back in with me. What is his best recourse?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Hi Maxine's Mom,

Thank you for using Just Answer. Your son can call the court that issued the capias and ask them to put the matter on the calendar for a hearing. He can then go down to the court, explain what happened, and ask for mercy. If there is a chance that he might be facing jail time, the court will appoint an attorney for him. Because he is unemployed, he will probably qualify for free representation.

Good luck.