How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 29822
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Resolved Question:

My son has a CAPIAS FOR FTA - VIOLATION OF PROBATION warrant that was issued in 2003. He wants to clear up this matter but is unsure of the best way to dissolve. He is unemployed and has just moved back in with me. What is his best recourse?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Hi Maxine's Mom,

Thank you for using Just Answer. Your son can call the court that issued the capias and ask them to put the matter on the calendar for a hearing. He can then go down to the court, explain what happened, and ask for mercy. If there is a chance that he might be facing jail time, the court will appoint an attorney for him. Because he is unemployed, he will probably qualify for free representation.

Good luck.
Lucy, Esq. and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you