How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4486
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i get my gun rights back in washington state

This answer was rated:

how do i get my gun rights back in washington state?
What were you convicted of?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2nd degree berg in 1990.
Sorry, one more question...what county were you convicted in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thurston county
Thank you.

You are eligible to petition to have your gun rights restored if it has been five years since your last conviction and you have no criminal charges pending. In order to restore your gun rights, you have to petition the Thurston County Superior Court for restoration of gun rights. Unfortunately, Thurston County does not post the forms online, so you will need to contact the court clerk in order to request the paperwork you will need to complete.

Just for your information, this document outlines the process that you will have to go through. It's not for Thurston County, but the procedures are basically the same. That way it will give you a preview of what you need to do. But ultimately you should follow the instructions on the form from Thurston County.

Hope this helps.
Hammer O'Justice and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you