How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawmoe Your Own Question
Lawmoe, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 2415
Experience:  More than 19 years of experience as a Criminal Defense Lawyer
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Lawmoe is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have been arrested and bail out for charged of Indecent

Resolved Question:

i have been arrested and bail out for charged of "Indecent Exposure After Illegal Entry Occupied Dwelling", and i lost my job because of this obviously i cant afford a lawyer. i went the Court Appearance date but we cant find my name on the dock list, So, we asked them they said within two to three weeks they'll send a letter when is my court appearance will be. my question is do i can talk a lawyer before my court appearance and where i can get one? state of California O.C.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.

When you appear in court, you can apply for a public defender. If you are unemployed and have few assets, a lawyer will be appointed for you. At the first appearance, called an arraignment, very little will occur. Often, you are simply advised of the charges against you and a new pretrial date is set. Your public defender will meet with you briefly before the hearing and, before your next court appearance, will acquire all the necessary police reports to discuss with you potential defenses.


If you have a clean record, often a conviction can be avoided with a Stay of Prosecution. That means the matter is placed on hold and if you have no same or similar offenses in a defined period, usually one year, the case is dismissed.



Lawmoe and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where i can seek free legal advice just to see the outcome of my case without paying or hiring a lawyer..
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.

Most lawyers will offer a free consultation. However, no lawyer can tell you the likely outcome without reviewing the evidence which would include all of the police reports. The evidence held by the prosecutor is turned over as discovery in the case. That evidence will allow the attorney to devise arguments and a defense.


Please click ACCEPT BELOW

Related Criminal Law Questions