How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bappelman Your Own Question
Bappelman, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 313
Experience:  Former Public Defender, Founder and Criminal Defense Attorney at Appelman Criminal Defense LLC.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Bappelman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a dui on my record. It occurred about 5 years agoin

Resolved Question:

I have a dui on my record. It occurred about 5 years agoin Milwaukee, Wisconsin .It is considered a municipal ordinance violation. Could I get this expunged from my record? Other than that my driving record is clear.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Bappelman replied 7 years ago.

In Wisconsin DUI's are referred to as OWI (Operating While Intoxicated). The law on expungements of OWI's in Wisconsin says that:

A conviction for a first OWI offense will be automatically purged after ten years provided the convicted person's PAC (prohibited alcohol content) level was .08 to .099 and there are no future drunk driving convictions. If it was higher, the conviction will never be expunged. All other OWI convictions are permanent, and cannot be expunged.

So if your blow was under .099 then it will be automatically expunged in 10 years.

If you blew over .099 than it will not, and cannot ever be expunged.

Good Luck!
Bappelman and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you