How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DCrane Law Your Own Question
DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
DCrane Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has a criminal record for doing drugs. He has spent

Customer Question

My son has a criminal record for doing drugs. He has spent his time in prison, went through rehab, counseling, and is off probation. We are his parents. He is doing very well in his life now. He started college to major in sports medicine (physical therapist), but then he found out that his record will not allow him to do this. He really has a strong passion to major in this. He also recently got married to a wonderful lady who has a terrific 7 year old girl. How does he go about getting the this off his record so he can become a physical therapist?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  DCrane Law replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the post, was he convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, and was he convicted as a juvenile?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He was not convicted as a juvenile. He was convicted of a felony.
Expert:  DCrane Law replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately Texas does not offer the option of felony expungement, his only recourse would be to seek a Governor's Pardon.