How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37852
Experience:  30 years legal experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

a year ago the Laural police department was trying to get me

This answer was rated:

a year ago the Laural police department was trying to get me on a stachitory rape charge they took my dna last Febuary and nothing was said since now in November they just ask the girl for her dna I didnt do it but it still has me worried what should I do?
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

There is nothing that you can do other than wait the system out. The fact that you have not been formally charged yet is very good. The longer the period of time passes with no formal charges being made, the better.

However, in the state of Montana, the authorities have until 5 years have passed since the alleged victim turns 18 years old to actually file charges.

Under the circumstances, you probably should have at least an initial consultation with a local attorney who handles criminal defense law and sex crimes. I suspect that they will put you a bit more at ease and, at the same time, be prepared to immediately come to your defense if charges are filed or if you are arrested out of the blue.

I wish you the best in 2010.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,


LawTalk and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions