How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J.Hazelbaker Your Own Question
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4385
Experience:  Extensive training and experience in criminal law matters, both prosecuting and defending.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
J.Hazelbaker is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I pled guilty, was convicted of the felony, breech of trust

Resolved Question:

I pled guilty, was convicted of the felony, "breech of trust" in South Carolina, nine years ago. I paid restitution, was sentenced to 6 yrs, but only did probation & paid off rest. early. Can I get my criminal record expunged, is it possible?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 7 years ago.
If you qualify for an expungment, you can do it on your own. An attorney is recommended, but not required.

Whether you qualify, depends on the precise resolution of your case and whether you were actually convicted or whether you had a deferred adjudication. Here is a link that describes the types of outcomes that can be expunged:

Based on your description, it is likely that you were convicted and don't qualify for expungment, unfortunately. But, as I said, it depends on the specifics of your case and it is worth paying a local attorney (in the location where you were sentenced) a couple hundred dollars to do a detailed review of your case file.

If you don't qualify for expungment, a pardon can help. Here is a link that describes this process:

Please let me know, if you have follow-up questions.
J.Hazelbaker and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you