Law Pro, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  20 years trial experience in defense of criminal cases
11688690

hello i have been a victum of a dating scam by a someone what

hello i have been a victum of a dating scam by a someone what should i do
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.
Please explain what has happened? Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK I HAVE SENT ALOT O MONEY IN HOPES THT THIS PERSON WOULD COME TO ME THEY ARE VERY GOOD GUEES I AM NOT VERY SMART IN THIS STUFF NEED TO KNOW WHAT CAN I DO IF ANYTHING THANKS
Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.
What exactly did they promise you - what happened here. Do you have a contract?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OKI WAS TRYING TO GET A GIRL TO COME TO LIVE WITH ME AN YES HAVE 2 EMAIL ADDERSS AND A PHONENUMBER THAT I HAVE USED HAVEPICTURES OF GIRL TRIED TO FIND THIS GIRL ON ANY SCAMLIST BUT OULDNT FIND HER
Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.
So what did they promise and what was the various costs of the matter?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THAT THE GIRLWOULD COME HER TO ME I SENT PLANE TICKET MONEY 3 TIMES AND MONEY FOR DIFERNT THINGS LIK CLOTHING AND FOOD COMPUTER REPAIRS AND THINGS OVER 3,000 CLOING IN ON 4,000 SHE WAS TO BEON A PANE LAST NIGHT BUT MISSED IT THEN WANTED MORE MONEY TO CHANGE THE FLIGHT
Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.

Do you have any of this in writing from them?

What is the name of the company?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
NOPE JUST ALL THE YAHOO MEASSENGER CONVERSATIONS FROM THE START NO COMPANY
Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.

Then you clearly have been scammed. You don't even know who to file a civil action against here.

I'm sorry, but you don't even know whom to file a complaint against here for fraud or anything.

Your best bet is to file a complaint with your state's Attorney General's office about the matter and let them look into for you. They will want copies of your emails and anything else you have - even the cancelled checks.

Potentially the AG's office can trace these people down and file something against them. However, I don't even think they will find them because Yahoo if a very public email provider and they don't have to provide any information to them if they don't want to.

Sorry.

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated.