Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I received a DUI in Wisconsin three years ago with a six month

suspension. I want to mve...
I received a DUI in Wisconsin three years ago with a six month suspension. I want to mve to Iowa, do I still need Sr22 insurance and will my DUI show up on my record, is there a national database
2/2/2010
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Yes, your Wisconsin DUI will show up when you go to attempt to get your license in Iowa. You will have to check with the local insurance agents in Iowa to see if Sr22 insurance (or a comparable) is necessary -- each state is different in that regard.

Good luck and best wishes. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!

JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer