How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am in jacksonville, florida. got caught for careless driving

Customer Question

i am in jacksonville, florida. got caught for careless driving and cop smelled something. upon a search he find a pipe and < 20 grams of pot. this is my first offense. what can i expect?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

Maximum sentence is 1 year and $1,000.


You're eligible for diversion, which if you complete the program, will cause your charge to be dismissed and you will have no criminal record. Have a lawyer negotiate with the DA for you. It makes things go smoother.


For a criminal defense attorney referral, see:


Hope this helps.