How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deirdre Your Own Question
Deirdre, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 42
Experience:  16 years experience as a highly successful criminal defense lawyer, many acquittals & dismissals.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Deirdre is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am out of state moved from Sacramento in 2002 and just found

This answer was rated:

I am out of state moved from Sacramento in 2002 and just found out I have a warrant for a failure to appear due to some type of probation violation. I am very ill and can't travel and need to know what else can I do if anything to clear this up.

You can hire a lawyer to investigate the alleged the violation of probation and set the matter on calendar. It is possible, though not likely, that depending on the type of crime and other facts that the judge will allow your attorney to appear on your behalf. More likely you will have to show up to get the warrant quashed. The lawyer you hire will be able to give you a better sense of where you stand once the lawyer reviews the file to determine what you're on probation for and how you are accused of violating it. If it was for a failure to pay fine, the court may give you another chance to complete the conditions of your probation.


Deirdre and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How can I go about finding an attorney and what is generally the fees, as I am unemployed. Is there any way I can contact the Judge in question or do anything on my own if I am unable to pay?

Related Criminal Law Questions