How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steinlaw Your Own Question
Steinlaw, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  I have represented individuals accused of crimes.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Steinlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are you aware of any DUI cases in Colorado in which the victom

Customer Question

Are you aware of any DUI cases in Colorado in which the victom elected to change their test from a breath test to a blood test after having opted for the first. And, having the case thrown out becase of the law stating that the test choice can not be changed.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
What do you mean by the victim?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Victim of the law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
Are you saying the person who was arrested was the "victim?"
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, I suppose that is just a bad choice of words. It really does not have much to do with the question that I am asking.
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
Actually, it does. If there is a victim, that means someone was hurt in an accident or suffered some damages. If you are talking about the person who was arrested, that is the defendant. Two completely different searches I would need to do.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay, I stand corrected, I should have said defendant. There was no injury or physical damages suffered. As I said, bad choice of words.
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your question and I look forward to assisting you. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you have put all of the information in your question. Also, due to site reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. Also, there may be future facts that are as yet undetermined in your matter, that can and must leave some areas of information provided by me broad in nature. However, don't hesitate to ask for clarification if needed! At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. That being said...

I did a search and could not find any cases where this applied with a defendant in a DUI. Sorry!

Good luck.

Legal Disclaimer. By requesting this information, you expressly agree to the following: The information given is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. The nominal price you may or may not pay for information does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship. The only method of gaining an attorney/client relationship with me is via a retainer and signed fee agreement, which is not offered via this site. I am providing only resources, opinion and information for you to be informed and educated about your particular rights and needs. My answer is limited to the facts presented with the understanding that you will do your proper due diligence and appropriate follow up with an attorney licensed in your state. I do not provide general or specific legal advice on this site. I also am licensed to practice only in California, which may not be the state where this information is being provided or state whose law would apply, if any. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
As I had to give my credit card to get your answer that you found nothing to help me, I assume that I will have a full refund or NO charge to my credit card.
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
There is nothing to help you because there is nothing that exists that you are looking for. You requested some very specific research which I did and the answer is that no cases like this exist. You have received an answer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Another lawyer that read my question replied that they could not find an answer to the question that I was asking. I gave as specific of a question as I could because I have a specific search that I need. Your website clearly states more than once, before you give your credit card for a deposit to get what you are led to believe will be an answer to your question, that your deposit is 100% refundable if you are not satisfied with your answer. I am 100% definitely NOT satisfied with my answer. Therefore I will assume that I will be refunded my deposit immediately. I also do not give any approval to charge anything on my credit card.

Thank you,