How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor Minor Consumption

This answer was rated:

I have been charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor Minor Consumption in Safford Arizona. This happened in around 1992. I never went to court for it and now I have a Criminal Background. I am trying to clear it up, so they sent me a Waiver of Counsel form and they want me to plead guilty. Plus I have to post bond in the amount of 173 dollars. They also sent me a bond release form and I have to send all of this back to them with my right index fingerprint.
I also have to call them back on Feb 16th for a phone court date.
Its a Minor Consumption a class 1 misdemeanor.
All of this occured back in 1992 or 1993. I was 20 years old. I am now 36 and I live in Texas.
Should I just go with the flow and plead guilty and call in? Whats gonna happen to me?



okay, so let me ask you a few things


in 1992, you were charged? did you ever go to court? was there a warrant for you that you are now trying to clear up?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I was at a party and the police came and gave me a ticket. I was a kid and I didnt want my parents to know about this so I didnt pay for it (foolish me), I didnt go to court and I eventually left the state after I was done with my schooling in that area. There is a warrant now because I didnt appear in court. It a Failure to Appear Warrant. From speaking with someone over the phone at the courthouse they seem like I will just pay the bond, and the bond will cover the fine and I will be done after the "over the phone" hearing. I am sure this is a common thing that happens, but I am just concerned with what is going to happen at the hearing.




you don't want the conviction. now, you really should consider consulting with a local attorney who could work to have the warrant quashed and the matter dismissed. i mean, this was 17 years ago and such a minor offense. holy cow. there is no need for you to take a conviction on that. if you follow through with what you were told you will have a record. the only reason the warrant was issued is because you failed to appear. so, if you have since had no convictions and have become a productive citizen you need to have the warrant quashed and dismissed.


if you want, contact the AZ Bar Association for a referral service - this link for contact information



Samuel II and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you