How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD Your Own Question
JD, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1335
Experience:  Over 11 years of practice in litigation including 10 years as a state prosecutor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am a victim the man just got release i am putting in a request

Customer Question

i am a victim the man just got release i am putting in a request of records from local police department as when they had to come to my house due to battary by him and had to handle it as a hostage situation. I need to mainly just be able to show as pro that I am a victim of violance I don't know if that will work
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JD replied 7 years ago.
What precisely are you trying to accomplish?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I want to go school, this would help me with a lot for one I am not confident that I could work full-time ,go to school full-time and maintain grades, as I am a single mother and am sad to say have no one by me to back me up in any way emotional support or a father to help me with my kid, pretty much its me against the world. I must pay rent,car,insurance, ect... I really need to be working a second job just a simple set back put me behind as I am in now due to mechanical issue. It would help me,to get income based housing. Have been on the waiting list for 3 yrs now, the resouces are very limited for me the demand for them is very high and no one really cares. I believe this would also able me to apply for extra funding for school along with a pell grant. I want to better myself not live off the gov, as for others just seem to rely I on it. Take advantage of it to better myself I want to get my son in sports and attend his games before its to late he is 8 yrs old. The domestic violence took place in Wichita Falls Tx report/case 04-03-1263 will be requesting it as soon as i have the funds in hopes it will help. To be honest I am in a relationship now and I can honestly say its going towards the same direction. I am afraid and just want to be able to have a home. I am so tired of living this way. I don't want to have to rely on someone else could care less about there $, its not mine. I don't want to call the cops and get them involved. Plus I try to keep things from getting ugly so I just put up with it. I don't want my son see this the out come or a man betting his mother cause I know he will he .. look there is more but I am sure you get the point and I really don't like talking about it there are other thing I really need to deal with. will be getting my divorce soon i got servered papers 2 wks ago and need a lawyer asap if possable u could refer me to someone, I have no $ now but will be receiving my income tax check and I will give it all up if i have to I just need one now my time is running out I need to reply back oh yeah so if you know some one in fort worth , tx if not thanks anyways i am looking into other possable [email protected] I do have faith and hope that is what keeps me goin so I look forward to the future though I catch myself want-ing to crying Its got to get know so if you could take the time to look into this would be great. Thank you again for your time

Expert:  JD replied 7 years ago.

First, if you have family to lean on at this point then now would be a good time. Obviously you do not need to let yourself become dependent on another man to the extent that you open the door to another abusive relationship. You have seen it happen before and now you see it coming again. You need to build yourself up before attempting to enter another relationship. Counseling, education, financial stability, and a firm home life are a much better launching point into a healthy romantic relationship.


Second, your situation is one that should interest attorneys working pro bono for your local legal aid office. You should contact them at and inquire about their services. They will likely be willing to aid you in the divorce action without the necessity of a large fee. Then your tax return money can be used as seed money for your future. Don't waste it.


Please reply if I can help further.



Remember to click ACCEPT only when you are satisfied with your answers. This is how we get paid for our time with your questions. I would also appreciate any positive feedback you could provide. If you are not satisfied then please reply to me so I can further assist you or find someone else to help. I am not your attorney. Therefore no attorney-client relationship exists and any communications on this website are not subject to the attorney-client privilege. For this reason, please do not divulge any personal information and use this site only for hypothetical questions. This forum is for general questions and answers and I cannot provide you with applicable law or legal opinions or advice in your jurisdiction. Please seek the advice of a competent attorney in your jurisdiction. While I can answer general questions and discuss general legal principles, I cannot give you legal advice in your state. The internet is a great place to get general information but should not be seen as a substitute for the attorney-client relationship or the services of a good lawyer in your state.

Edited by JD on 2/2/2010 at 12:54 PM EST
JD and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i didn't mean to hit accept earlier today so if the attorney could please to notified to see if there is anything useful to know or give me some type of advice i have yet not already completed before getting on this site.
Expert:  JD replied 7 years ago.

You have not accepted my answer.


If you are unsatisfied with the information I've provided, please provide more details of the information you are seeking. I'll be happy to help you as much as possible. I hope you've had some luck with the legal aid office.


Let me know if I can help further.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
as i said before I was denied services due to lack if funds so now what?
Expert:  JD replied 7 years ago.

I'm glad your back. Let's get this straightened out to your satisfaction if at all possible. You say you were denied services due to lack of funds. I've reviewed your prior posts and I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to in that statement. If you are referring to legal aid eligibility, I cannot imagine you would be turned out for a lack of funds. It may very well be that you earn too much to qualify for their services and yet do not have funds to hire a private attorney, but you should not have to pay for legal aid.


Help me here and then we'll take the next step.... here's a link to the qualification guidelines for legal aid.


Please update me and we'll continue our conversation as long as needed to get you in the right direction.



Related Criminal Law Questions