How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Who would I contact to get a misdemeanor conviction expunged

This answer was rated:

Who would I contact to get a misdemeanor conviction expunged from 30 yrs ago?



was the conviction in Texas? was it a first and only conviction? how old were you at the time? what was the charge?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It was in Texas, my first conviction after I graduated high school just starting college. My friend shoplifted some items from the store I worked in and they said that because I knew her and was associating with her during the time she was in the store I was in on it with her. My mother didn't fight because she didn't know the law or what to do or contact at the time so this has been with me. I want to get rid of this conviction if possible.



thank you for that information. if you were convicted, then you will need to apply for and receive a pardon from the Governor. you can use this link for that information.


and you can also use this link to read the Texas law on who is eligible for expungment where it states "convicted and subsequently pardoned"



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is this something I can do on my own or do I need legal assistance? Is it very expensive because I want to pursue this course.



the paron process is free of charge. request the application, fill it out and let the ball start rolling. now, i have to tell you that it could take a year or so for it to come full circle. investigations will be done and you will be interviewed, etc. but once you get the pardon,then you can file for the expungement. yes, you can do it on your own



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help but a fews more thing. Is this process any shorter with legal representation and what application do I request and where do I request it from. I mean what office and the name/number of the application. Thank you so much for this information.



all the information is on the blue link i provided. there should be an application there, also


legal representation cannot speed up the process, as everyone is entitled to the same process when it comes to pardons. if preference was given to those with attorneys than it could be construed as being biased.

Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you