How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had my house raided by the FBI last February (2009). The

Customer Question

I had my house raided by the FBI last February (2009). The had a warrant for Child Porn coming from this house. My 15 year son after being drilled in a private room with no parent present admitted to going online and looking at teenage girls. The kept me and my wife separated for over 2 hours at the same time. After 2 hours of drilling my son he was almost ready to be hospitalized from the trauma, they finally let my wife go sit with him. They then took all of our electronic equipment and claimed it would be back in 2 weeks. Now a year latwer nothing has went forward and thety refuse to release our equipment. I have been unemployed for 17 months and can not afford a lawyer to persue this matter. They torn up my house and were in it for over 4 hours and found nothing except some pictures on our computers. They screwed up and now want to hide it. What are my optons if any. Chris Plantz
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.


  1. I am a licensed attorney with criminal law and civil rights litigation experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information. I am sorry for your predicament, and I truly hope that everything works out appropriately for you in this matter.
  2. Given that you are unable to afford to retain legal counsel, that essentially leaves a couple of options. The first would be to ask an attorney to handle the matter pro bono publico (free of charge), but as you might suspect there is no guarantee of finding a lawyer willing to do so. Realistically, since this involves governmental action, your best option would be to seek assistance from the American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio. Clicking on the link provided will take you directly to the complaint submission age.


I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.


If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.


The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.