How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4488
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicted of a felony charge in 2000 for recieving 2

Customer Question

I was convicted of a felony charge in 2000 for recieving 2 dui within 5 years. I now want to know if i can ever petition the court to have this reduced to a misdemeanor. I have not recieved any other charges since 2000.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 7 years ago.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to get the charges reduced. If you want to try to get them off of your record, you would have to apply for a pardon. You are eligible to apply if it has been at least five years since your sentence was completed (not since the date of conviction). The pardon packet that you would need to complete is located here: