Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Minor misdemeanor citation 4.1. knowingly possess marijuana.

Customer Question
what is mininum punishment? is...
minor misdemeanor citation 4.1. knowingly possess marijuana. what is mininum punishment? is it possible to just pay a fine without losing my license or undergoing counsling? please help, Norwalk OH
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/31/2010
Criminal Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
N Cal Attorney
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4557
states simple possession of less than 100 grams carries a $100 fine and is a minor misdemeanor that does not create a criminal record.

Conditional release: The state allows conditional release or alternative or diversion sentencing for people facing their first prosecutions. Usually, conditional release lets a person opt for probation rather than trial. After successfully completing probation, the individual's criminal record does not reflect the charge.

So it looks like you can avoid probation by agreeing to pay the fine.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=legal&Group_ID=4557
lists marijuana defense attorneys in Ohio.

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer