How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27727
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

a.r.s. 13-1203a1 assault-intent/reckless/injure domestic violence a.r.s

Customer Question

a.r.s. 13-1203a1 assault-intent/reckless/injure domestic violence
a.r.s 13-2904a1 disorderly conduct-fighting domestic violence
a.r.s. 13-2915 prevent phone use-emergency
this is my first time no criminal record what kind of sentence am i going to get i live in apache junction arizona ? i am worried
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.

Have your wife and daughter decided to drop the charges? Do they presently have a protective order against you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no they have not droped the charge . the district attourny has done the charge can they drop the charge ? no protective order is against me.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately, once charges are brought in the first place, the DA can continue to prosecute whether your wife and family wish to proceed against you or not. But the fact is that unless there were witnesses the DA would have a very difficult time makig out the case without their cooperation. So if they do wish to drop charges and make their feelinig known to the DA and don't let the DA change their mind, eventually, rather than risk losing the case, the DA may decide to dismiss the case.

You should retain a criminal lawyer and involve him as soon as you can in your case. If your family does want to drop, he can help press the DA for a dismissal of the case if he verifies that. If your family doesn't want to drop, it's even more important.
While on a first arrest and if there are no injuries you would be unlikely to face a jail sentence here unless you take the case all the way to trial and lose it, domestic violence charges on your permanent criminal record can cause all sorts of problem -- not just he loss of your Federal and state gun rights (assuming they are important to you) but something that may cause you difficulty on the employment front as well.


If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship. You are advised to consult an attorney in your state for specific legal advice.