How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9341
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Penal code 290.46 California can you appeal Meaning of it

Customer Question

Penal code 290.46 California
can you appeal?
Meaning of it?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
(e) (1) If a person has been convicted of the commission or the
attempted commission of any of the offenses listed in this
subdivision, and he or she has been convicted of no other offense
listed in subdivision (b), (c), or (d) other than those listed in
this subdivision, that person may file an application with the
Department of Justice, on a form approved by the department, for
exclusion from the Internet Web site. If the department determines
that the person meets the requirements of this subdivision, the
department shall grant the exclusion and no information concerning
the person shall be made available via the Internet Web site
described in this section. He or she bears the burden of proving the
facts that make him or her eligible for exclusion from the Internet
Web site. However, a person who has filed for or been granted an
exclusion from the Internet Web site is not relieved of his or her
duty to register as a sex offender pursuant to Section 290 nor from
any otherwise applicable provision of law.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I or You or my Lawyer applyses wit Departement of Justice on appropriate form?

is this lenghty?
Thank you
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
I cannot file any papers for you, so you or your attorney would have to do this. links to the form at

There does not appear to be any fee for filing that form.

I do not know how long it takes DOJ to process such requests but you can call(NNN) NNN-NNNNto ask DOJ. That phone number is XXXXX

I hope this information is helpful.