Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Penal code 290.46 California can you appeal Meaning of it

Customer Question
Penal code 290.46 California can you...
Penal code 290.46 California
can you appeal?
Meaning of it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/15/2010
Criminal Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
N Cal Attorney
290.46(e):
(e) (1) If a person has been convicted of the commission or the
attempted commission of any of the offenses listed in this
subdivision, and he or she has been convicted of no other offense
listed in subdivision (b), (c), or (d) other than those listed in
this subdivision, that person may file an application with the
Department of Justice, on a form approved by the department, for
exclusion from the Internet Web site. If the department determines
that the person meets the requirements of this subdivision, the
department shall grant the exclusion and no information concerning
the person shall be made available via the Internet Web site
described in this section. He or she bears the burden of proving the
facts that make him or her eligible for exclusion from the Internet
Web site. However, a person who has filed for or been granted an
exclusion from the Internet Web site is not relieved of his or her
duty to register as a sex offender pursuant to Section 290 nor from
any otherwise applicable provision of law.
From http://leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=00001-01000&file=290-294
Do I or You or my Lawyer applyses wit Departement of Justice on appropriate form?

is this lenghty?
Expensive?
Thank you
I cannot file any papers for you, so you or your attorney would have to do this.

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/sexreg.aspx?lang=ENGLISH links to the form at
http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/pdf/Application.pdf

There does not appear to be any fee for filing that form.

I do not know how long it takes DOJ to process such requests but you can call(NNN) NNN-NNNNto ask DOJ. That phone number is XXXXX
http://meganslaw.ca.gov/contact.aspx?lang=ENGLISH

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer