Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What are my odds for winning in traffic court concerning the…

Customer Question
What are my odds for...
What are my odds for winning in traffic court concerning the citation I asked you about before?Why do you think this? In my city you go to court on one date to enter a plea of guilty or not guilty. If you plead not guilty you are given another date to appear when the cop will be present. Please be sure you have a record of my former message. If not, let me know. Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/10/2010
Criminal Lawyer: JB Umphrey, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Have you gone to court on your ticket yet?
No, I have not gone to court yet. I go on Feb.1 for my plea.
Anytime one goes to court and it's a situation where it's the driver's word versus the officer's word, the chance of the judge believing you over the officer is 50/50.

Am I charged a fee when I ask a follow-up question?

No, not if you only click ACCEPT once.
I'm sorry - I pressed the wrong reply button - Just tell me how cases like mine have traditionally gone. Have the motorists won many of the cases and had the ticket dismissed? Or had the fine and points reduced? Thanks
If you want a no point plea, you need to ask to meet with the prosecutor when you check in at court.
You didn't really answer my question. Please reread it and answer.
I'm tired of asking for a real answer. No I don't accept. Sorry
You asked for the odds, that's what the answer is.
I replied with another question about how the cases similar to mine have gone most of the time, which you never answered. If you can't answer that question just don't contact me again. Thank You