How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28038
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like a letter requesting Deferred Disposition on a

Customer Question

I would like a letter requesting Deferred Disposition on a speeding charge.
I have not had a ticket in about 3 or 4 years. The fine is over $200.00. I was going 56 MPH in a 40 MPH zone. I understand I would have to pay court costs but would like to receive a reduction in the fine if possible. Thanks Gene Thibault
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
It is a letter that you need to write and present to the Judge who issued the fine. Simply state the basis for the reduction, explain the facts of your case, and the hardship you will have in paying the $200. If you can present good cause, the fine may be reduced.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your time. I knew what the letter was. I was looking more for a template or sample letter. Your response is not worth $ 15.00.


You can close out this item.