How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 102584
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my boyfriend is currently on parole in texas. He quit reporting

Customer Question

my boyfriend is currently on parole in texas. He quit reporting about 9 months ago and was issued a warrant for his arrest about two months later. His discharge from parole date just past and I was wanting to know how he should handle this situation. Also what is he looking at happening and is this a situation that needs legal representation or can he just turn himself in and get the same results.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

I would recommend getting an attorney first, and then turning himself in with a bond pre-arranged. Warrants never die, so he can be arrested at any time. Let me know if you want me to help you find an affordable attorney, and if so, what city this is in.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He is on parole in tarrant county. so an affordable attorney would be great. Also what is worst and best case scenario in your eyes? Just want to kinda know what he might be facing.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
What was his original charge?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Two possession cases one is a third degree felony and the other is a second degree. One was for extasy and the other meth. He was given a three year sentence and a two year sentence ran concurrnt
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
If he is caught, he MIGHT be made to finish out his sentence, and charged with an additional misdemeanor. That's worst. Best case - he's put back on probation.I'd like to refer you to the TX Bar's Referral program. The program is free. The attorneys are vetted, qualified, and affordable. If memory serves me right, you also get a free consultation once you are matched up with an attorney from the category that you need (or at least the consultation is very cheap - I know this for a fact). The link to the Bar's referral service is below.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”