How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it a crime in Washington state to cause damage to physical

Customer Question

Is it a crime in Washington state to cause damage to physical property (vehicle) owned by yourself AND another person? If I'm a joint owner of said property, could I be prosecuted for causing damage to it?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
No you cannot be prosecuted but the other party can sue you in civil court unless you have the damage repaired. Here it is a civil matter but you can never predict what local law enforcement will do if a complaint is made.

Related Criminal Law Questions