How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask xavierjd Your Own Question
xavierjd, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3400
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience in prosecution and defense work
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
xavierjd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend that is up for parole in a few months. Are

Resolved Question:

I have a friend that is up for parole in a few months. Are there any good resources on we should best position the case for the hearing? Any advice is appreciated. He can't afford to hire a lawyer. Thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  xavierjd replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for using


What state is your friend incarcerated in?



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  xavierjd replied 7 years ago.

Parole boards must determine whether an offender is believed to be at risk to
reoffend. They review available and relevant information to assist them in this
decisionmaking process. Parole boards consider factors such as the nature of
the offense, prior criminal history, behavior during incarceration, and community
support for and opposition to release.


Below is the contact information for the Board of Parole Hearings. You may wish to contact the Board to obtain information that may be presented at the hearing by the offender, whether letters of support for the offender would be considered and what evidence may be presented by the offender in support of his release.


Board of Parole Hearings
Post Office Box 4036
Sacramento, CANNN-NN-NNNN/p>


I hope you find this information useful and that you PRESS THE GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get credit for answering the question. Thank you.

xavierjd and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you