How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27450
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you are sentenced SOR do you do have to report withing 24

Customer Question

If you are sentenced SOR do you do have to report withing 24 hours of release or just make the appontment with a phone call?tou
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.

This would depend on the state as each one has its own policy.

Where (just the state) is this person supposed to register?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Florida Palm Beach County
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
According to Florida's website, upon his release an offender must report in person to the local Sheriff’s Office within 48 hours of establishing or reestablishing a residence in the state of Florida or within 48 hours of release from custody and/or supervision of Department of Corrections (DOC), Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), or Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) to register my temporary or permanent address.

I will link you to the Florida offender website so that you can see all of the registration requirements.


If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship. You are advised to consult an attorney in your state for specific legal advice.