How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27460
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a speeding ticket in AZ for Criminal speeding. I can

Resolved Question:

I got a speeding ticket in AZ for Criminal speeding. I can go to driving school. My question is does this automatically get reported to the state board of nursing so that a complaint is filed on my nursing license as well?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
A speeding ticket is not generally the type of thing that would be lodged against your nurse's license. Most traffic cases will show up on your DMV record for the assessing of fines and points but don't appear on your criminal history. This is a class 3 misdemeanor in your state, however and could therefore appear.

If you are ever questioned about this you would have to be truthful about the offense, but as no controlled substance was involved and your license was lawful, and your vehicle insured, my research indicates this should not cause you any adverse consequences. This is a moving violation, plain and simple.
If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship. You are advised to consult an attorney in your state for specific legal advice.

Edited by FranL on 1/2/2010 at 5:58 PM EST
Zoey_ JD and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you