Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
I have a question with North Dakota speedy trial. August.
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Attorney
August. But they want me to waive my right to a speedy trial and agree to a trial in October … read more
What are my Constitutional rights to a speedy trial? What can
InformationForYou
InformationForYou, JD (law degree)
What are my Constitutional rights to a speedy trial? What can cause it to be legally delayed? I was arrested and charged with a 3rd degree felony on April 20, 2011. I have since been indicted by a gra… read more
michelle you just tried to answer my question pertaining to ...
Michelle
Michelle, Doctoral Degree
michelle you just tried to answer my question pertaining to speedy trial but what about the form with only WST as the motion no explanation or reason? and can a judge not respond in court to the writ … read more
I was trying to find info about the Policy west Virginia has
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Attorney
I was trying to find info about the Policy west Virginia has to restore someones gun rights. I understand I would have to get ALL my rights restored in my previous state via a certificate of Good Cond… read more
I live in Oklahoma. Im charged with a felony. What is the
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney & Counselor
I live in Oklahoma. I'm charged with a felony. What is the speedy trial rule, from arraignment to trial date in this State?… read more
my speedy trial date is up in a few days and i was wondering
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
my speedy trial date is up in a few days and i was wondering if and when i file my motion for the speedy trial the state has to have a trial in 10 days.....can they get an extention of time? if so how… read more
I want to submit a appeal cause they violated my rite for a
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
i want to submit a appeal cause they violated my rite for a speedy trial...what can i do ?… read more
What is the definition of speedy trial in a misdemeanor
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
what is the definition of speedy trial in a misdemeanor speeding ticket case? … read more
I am needing information to the Texas Speedy Trial statutes
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Attorney
Hello - I am needing information to the Texas Speedy Trial statutes - where to find them. And also to get clarification on what dates are pertinent in a traffic citation(accused of speeding). The situ… read more
How do I transfer my parole to west Virginia the easiest and
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Assistant Principal
How do I transfer my parole to west Virginia the easiest and quickest. What steps should I cover before hand . I got my family there also I can have a job and home approved and ready asap. But I'm cur… read more
What is the statue in Texas that guarantees a defendant
Legal Eagle, Attorney
what is the statue in Texas that guarantees a defendant charged with a felony to the right to a speedy trial? … read more
What does the right to speedy trial really mean I have 2 seperate
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney & Counselor
What does the right to speedy trial really mean? I have 2 seperate cases going on and in order for the second one to catch up to the first the judge asked me if it was ok that the time length would go… read more
I have a house in West Virginia. My permanent residence is
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
I have a house in West Virginia. My permanent residence is in Maryland. Can I drive a Maryland licensed car with the West XXXXX XXXXXcense… read more
I have a public defender for my criminal case and he waived
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
I have a public defender for my criminal case and he waived my speedy trial right without talking to me about it first. Can I get my speedy trial rights back somehow?… read more
I had my speedy trial right waived by the judge “on my
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Attorney
I had my speedy trial right waived by the judge “on my behalf”. I was later found guilty at trial and served 11 years. It has been two years since my release yet I have lifetime supervision. Do I have… read more
what are the penalties for poaching in West Virginia My husband
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
what are the penalties for poaching in West Virginia? My husband was just reported by someone for killing 3 deer when he only had a license to kill one. I think it's terrible what he does, and I am gl… read more
HOW CAN I WIN MY SPEEDY TRIAL DISMISSAL IN THE STATE OF NJ ,
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
HOW CAN I WIN MY SPEEDY TRIAL DISMISSAL IN THE STATE OF NJ?, DO NJ COURTS REALLY CARE ABOUT PEOPLE?… read more
If I gave up my rights to a speedy trial can I appeal on how
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
If I gave up my rights to a speedy trial can I appeal on how much probation I received and get less time on it.also I'm a sex offender and have a girlfriend with a baby I love them both and would like… read more