Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Is there a North Carolina or Davidson County law, regulation,

or ordinance against an individual...
Is there a North Carolina or Davidson County law, regulation, or ordinance against an individual discharging a rifle on his own property within any specific distance from an occupied dwelling?
1/2/2010
Lawdoctor
Lawdoctor, Lawyer
DearCustomer

I have did extensive search and found the Davidson County Ordinance, but because it is a photo of the ordinance, I cannot paste it here, but here is the link:

http://www.co.davidson.nc.us/media/pdfs/4/DavidsonCountyCodeofOrdinances.pdf

It is on page 175 or there abouts. It is section 130.02.

It does not state any violation for discharge near a dwelling and the NC state law basically gives a 100 yard distance from the house or houses.

I would suggest talking to the father and voicing your concerns for an inexperienced marksman making an error in his target could have dire consequences this near homes. He would be better off taking them to a shooting range or far out in the woods with targets and away from people. There should be enough hunting woods to do this.

However, if you feel that you or others are in danger from their activities, I would call the sheriff and ask for assistance. You cannot be too careful and while you want to be a good neighbor, you don't want to be shot either!

I wish you the best.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Good luck and Godspeed.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.
If I don’t’ answer immediately, I may be offline. If so, I will answer as soon as I come back. If I am online, I may be assisting someone else and will respond as soon as I can. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

If the information that I provided was helpful, then please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Bonuses are gladly accepted. Thank you and good luck!

Please remember that we have not created an attorney-client relationship, and that my post is not intended to be specific legal advice. The answers given are limited to the information you have provided in your post. For specific legal advice, please consult with an attorney licensed in your state.

DISCLAIMER: Please understand that the complexities of most legal problems cannot be adequately addressed in this setting, and that I am only licensed to practice law in the states of Florida and Mississippi. Accordingly, you acknowledge (1) that we have not formed an attorney-client relationship, and (2) that my post is general information only and not specific legal advice.

Lawdoctor
Lawdoctor, Lawyer
Sorry for the grammar errors in my post!!! "I have did" I just noticed it!!! I am glad to see that the Sheriff confirm my findings. I wish you the very best and remember to DUCK....

Sorry, I could not resist!

Lawdoctor!
Lawdoctor
Lawdoctor
Lawdoctor, Lawyer