How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9366
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if you were araigned on a charge and bonded out of jail while

Customer Question

if you were araigned on a charge and bonded out of jail while on bond can an inditement be served to you with different charges for the same case. i was araigned on aggrevated assault made bond while on bond was given an inditement for diffrent charges. the new charges are in higher range, but was offered a plea deal on aggrevated assault if i do not go to trial. should i take the deal or go to trial. although charges in inditement was of a higher range my bond stayed the same
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
Do you have an attorney representing you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i was arrested for aggrivated assault, stayed in jail close to six months,i was taken to court to be arraigned on agg. ass. charge . my court date was put off for two weeks, finally my PD sent me a letter saying that he was filing for a 48b motion. but when we got to court i was araigned on the agg. ass. charge. two days later i made bond while out on bond for about two weeks i was picked up for a unrelated charge.was given a court date which i thought was for the new case. at court my PD for the agg. ass. case .shows me an inditement for different charges.if i had not been in jail he would not have known i made bond.and i would have known nothing about the inditement. i dont feel comfortable with the leadership of my PD on this case. this case has been going on for one year and eight was set for trial in aug.09 my PD put it off for another 6 months.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what is your reply
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
If you do not trust your lawyer you have to ask for a different one. If there has been a beakdown of communication between you and the attorney you can ask the Court to appoint a different attorney.
N Cal Attorney and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my trial is in two weeks can i still ask for another lawyer? what about the araignment

Edited by Customer on 1/1/2010 at 1:39 PM EST
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
You will have to convince the Court that you are not oding this just to delay the trial. If there is a breakdown in the attorney client relationship you have to ask for a new lawyer as quickly as possible. You can call the PDs office and tell them that is what you want to do and see if the PD's office will cooperate.

Related Criminal Law Questions