How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael J, Esq. Your Own Question
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3471
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Michael J, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what is FOA 900.00 ZT ()

This answer was rated:

what is FOA 900.00 ZT ()?
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

In what regard was this charge given? Were you arrested for something?


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the guy was picked up on a warrant and this is what I saw online that the charge was...just want to know what he did

Could you point me towards the link that lists this charge?


Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I can't recall let me see if i can back track


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bail & Bond: Remanded
Charge Information
Indictment:00000 0000
Charges:FOA 900.00 ZT ( )


This is what it has on the inmate look up


Is the individual you are wondering about's initials M. A. ?


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you.

It appears that this is a charge relating to a Extradition Violation.

Here is the New York statute:

§ 570.26 Noncompliance with preceding section; penalties for violation.
Any officer who shall deliver to the agent for extradition of the
demanding state a person in his custody under the governor's warrant, in
disobedience of the preceding section, shall be guilty of a felony.

Is this person a police officer?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no he is not
What is his occupation?


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
a mechanic
Thank you.

Unfortunately, it appears that the NY criminal system may have entered the wrong charge. As I mentioned above, the NY statute cited states that he was arrested for an extradition violation of the "preceding section".

Here is the preceding statute:

§ 570.24 Rights of accused person; application for writ of habeas
No person arrested upon such warrant shall be delivered over to the
agent whom the executive authority demanding him shall have appointed to
receive him unless he shall first be taken forthwith before a justice or
judge of a court of record in this state, who shall inform him of the
demand made for his surrender and of the crime with which he is charged,
and that he has the right to demand and procure legal counsel; and if
the prisoner or his counsel shall state that he or they desire to test
the legality of his arrest, the justice or judge of such court of record
shall fix a reasonable time to be allowed within which to apply for a
writ of habeas corpus. When such writ is applied for, notice thereof,
and of the time and place of hearing thereon, shall be given to the
district attorney of the county in which the arrest is made and in which
the accused is in custody, and to the said agent of the demanding state.
Basically, what this means is that before someone criminally charged is extradited to another state, they must be taken before a judge and informed of their right to file a motion for habeas corpus (motion fighting the legality of their arrest). If someone is extradited without going through this procedure, it appears the person responsible for this would be guilty of a felony.

Necessarily, the person being charged with this violation would have to be an officer in charge of the prisoner.

In your case, since this person is a mechanic, it would be impossible for them to be charged with an extradition violation, unless perhaps this person was involved with another person in interfering with an ongoing extradition action.

If you want to know for sure, I would call his attorney at 212-732-5000 and see if you can get them to explain the extradition charge to you. Otherwise, you could call the New York criminal court and ask them to explain the charge.

I hope this helps,

If my answer was helpful, please click ACCEPT so I may be compensated for my time. If you are not satisfied with the Answer, please feel free not to Accept, and post a follow up question so I may be able to clarify my Answer. My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.


Michael J, Esq. and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you