Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

A JUDGE RULED THAT ALL THE POINTS UP TO THE ARREST WAS NOT

Customer Question
PROBABLE CAUSE BUT BECAUSE I...
A JUDGE RULED THAT ALL THE POINTS UP TO THE ARREST WAS NOT PROBABLE CAUSE BUT BECAUSE I RAN ITS PROBABLE CAUSE FOR A ARREST
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/12/2009
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
My name is ***** ***** I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.
In the context of warrantless searches, probable cause exists when reasonably trustworthy facts and circumstances within the knowledge of the officer on the scene would lead a man of reasonable prudence to believe that the instrumentality or evidence of a crime will be found. In this case, you RUNNING creates such cause. :\

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.
I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work.
Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if and I would be happy to answer any and all of the follow up questions.
Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.
There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.
Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!
You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”
if i was never under investgation nothing i was doing was indicating that i was doing illegal activity by the judge how is me running saying im guilty i was running to my moms house i forgot sumthing. Also the place they found drugs in a car and they never said they got drugs from me.
The question is no longer whether or not there was probable cause - there was. What you have to argue is that the drugs weren't yours. A good attorney can dismiss the charge, especially if the car wasn't yours.

Ely, Counselor at Law