Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My husband and i were arguing two hours later police officer…

Customer Question
my husband and i were...
my husband and i were arguing two hours later police officer came to our house my husband asked them not to come in and did not show him his license repeatedly told them they were not invited in when i went to step out on the porch with them they booted open the door entered our house and when my husband stood up from behind coffee table the took out tasers arrested him and said he assaulted them what happened what a mess we were having a loud argument did we have to show them both of our ids
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/6/2009
Criminal Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
N Cal Attorney
This was an illegal arrest, they had no right to enter your home without a warrant.

And they did not have any right to demand ID in my opinion either.

You can find a criminal defense attorney listed by location through
http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/Criminal-Law/California

You should also consult a civil rights attorney about suing the police who did this, see
http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/Civil-Rights/California

I hope this information is helpful.