How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JPEsq. Your Own Question
JPEsq., Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 5106
Experience:  Experience as Criminal Defense Attorney and criminal law professor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JPEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my fiance is due in court to settle outstanding traffic citations

Resolved Question:

my fiance is due in court to settle outstanding traffic citations for driving without a licence.he has been harrassed by local police and picked up on vagrancy,assault(tho he was assaulted) and noe is hiding because a girl he helped accused him of assault when he wouldnt give her (my)money.he has parkinsons and an embolim on the brain.he has previous convictions from 15 yrs ago and wa trying to start a new life.what on earth can i do from the uk as i have no money and also have parkinsons?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 7 years ago.

There is nothing you will be able to do from the UK. He can call and find out if there is a warrant for the assault accusation. If not, there is no charge. He will not be arrested for the outstanding traffic citations, but if he does not show up to court, a warrant will likely be issued.


Hiding will only postpone the inevitable, he will be arrested eventually. It is better to go to court when he knows the possibility exists, at least he will be prepared... rather than being arrested some day on his way to the grocery or something.


The public defender cannot help him until a charge is filed, and the court appoints the public defender to represent him. You cannot just call them up and have them represent you.




JPEsq. and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
cant email expert
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 7 years ago.

You can respond right here.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He has now confirmed there are warrants out for him as familly are claiming he threatened them.well he is a bit mouthy.He is stuck on a penisula, his car is recognisable and his money/meds inthe motel room.he was going to be bound over on friday in a deal negotiated bythe public defence.he is really scared as he will not receive medication incustodt until assessed.he could die at worst and be in great pain at least.i am really fearful for his life .the parkisons itself was a result of police beatings as a wayward young man.even though awd exists it is rarely applied.
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 7 years ago.

I see. Well, if he has a valid prescription, he should get it in jail. If he has warrants, he will be arrested when he goes to court. If he already has a PD, the deal they negotiated is probably the best he can do.


I cannot recommend hiding out. He might call his PD, and ask them to make sure he gets his meds in jail. Like I say though, they should give them to him.


If he is afraid the police are going to rough him up, it would be better to present in court, rather than be picked up unprepared. This way he can arrange him medications, etc, too.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I think he knows he will be assaulted on arrest,and the blood clot may loosen amd he wil have another stroke-he is only 42,and was 18months in recovery from the last.He is a veteran,but its the past record of violent behaviour which is conndeming him could he mediate a controlled arrest when he cant get o court without being recognised?
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 7 years ago.
He is not going to be beaten in a courthouse. He just needs to walk into the courthouse at the scheduled time.
JPEsq. and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you