How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27601
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just got my first and last DUI on May of 2009. Now my question

Customer Question

I just got my first and last DUI on May of 2009. Now my question is would i be able to obtain a state guard card to work as a security guard posted at a building not driving a vehicle.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
That is going to depend on the State that this occurred in and what factors the States uses to disqualify a person from obtaining the guard card. You need to call the agency who licenses these and simply ask them if a DUI conviction would disqualify you. Also, you need to speak with your employer and see if they will hire you with a DUI conviction.