How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27770
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi Fran. I think i was successful in paying you $60. if not

This answer was rated:

hi Fran. I think i was successful in paying you $60. if not please let me know and i will. I wanted to ask you if you could help me get my gun rights restored and how much you would charge. thank you rick. ps if you want to call my cell is(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Hi Rick,

I just received my share of the $30 acceptance you just sent (actually the site gets half of what a customer pays) as well as the original acceptance.

Unfortunately, the terms of service at JustAnswer prevents an expert from exchanging personal contact information with a customer. I'm amazed tha the moderator didn't edit your phone number but expect it to disappear soon. We are not allowed to engage here in actual represention on behalf of a client.

That makes sense when you consider that a license to practice law is state-specific. Mine is a New York license and, there being a limit to how many bar exams I was willing to study and sit for, I cannot actually practice in Texas, even if JustAnswer's policy allowed me to call you.

There are expungement and pardon lawyers who do nothing but cases involving the sealing of records and the restoration of rights. You might want to contact the Texas Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They offer a one-time, inexpensive ($20) consultation to a lawyer who would be able to help you restoring your gun rights. Since the Bar Association licenses lawyers for the state, you would at least know that anyone they referred you to would be a member of the Texas bar in good standing. There would be no obligation to continue using him after the first consulation. In the case of gun rights, this may be something that you can do for yourself and he can walk you through.

Sorry I can't take this any further for you, and good luck!
Zoey_ JD and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you