How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DCrane Law Your Own Question
DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
DCrane Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I have a question concerning a felony in illinios, it

Customer Question

Hello, I have a question concerning a felony in illinios, it is a criminal damage to property from twenty years ago. I can not get it expounged. I was wondering if I could get it reduced to a misdemenor? An attorney in utah mentioned a "402 Motion" in that state. Anything like that in illinois?
thanks jeff
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  DCrane Law replied 7 years ago.
Yes, you can file a motion to request the felony be amended to read as a misdemeanor conviction in Illinois. But be advised that this request is very rarely granted in Illinois. Generally, there must be extremely extenuating circumstances.
DCrane Law and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what would this motion be called ? or what would this be filed under?
Expert:  DCrane Law replied 7 years ago.

A motion to amend conviction.