How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34516
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a morality clause in my divorce stating I cannot entertain

Resolved Question:

I have a morality clause in my divorce stating I cannot entertain overnight guest of opposite sex while kids r in my custody..If I want to move in with my boyfriend would I be allowed?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
If this clause is in your final divorce decree, you would not be able to "move in" with a person of the opposite sex while the kids are in your custody.

If you want to do this, you should head back to court for a modification of the custody order.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (3) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I have to hire an attorney to do that? And also how difficult would it be to be granted a modification?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Yes, you need an attorney to make this modification. How difficult...if this relationship has moved to the stage of "move in" then I suspect you have a decent shot. Much better if your "engaged" and a non issue if your married.

P. Simmons and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions