How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JPEsq. Your Own Question
JPEsq., Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 5106
Experience:  Experience as Criminal Defense Attorney and criminal law professor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JPEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I pled out to a sex offense 10 years ago, and the definition

Customer Question

If I pled out to a sex offense 10 years ago, and the definition of what I was convicted of has nothing to do with either me, or the victim, is there anything I can appeal?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 7 years ago.

It is too late to appeal. There is a very short window to appeal (60 days). Even if you could appeal, it is next to impossible to overturn a conviction where you plead out. Since you will have been on the transcript agreeing to a factual basis, it is hard to argue it.


That said, if there are extenuating circumstances, you might be able to get somewhere with an application for a pardon and clemency. That is your only hope for a conviction so old.


You can dowlaod an application for pardon here: