How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27264
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Georgia in Baldwin County. I was driving home tonight

Resolved Question:

I live in Georgia in Baldwin County. I was driving home tonight when an driver angered by me I guess tried to run me off the road so I stupidly tried to over take the other vehicle in an attempt to get a look at the driver and the license plate numbetr. I have a CDL and work for the school district and attend the Univsity full time working on my masters in teaching. I was observed by an officer speeding up passing in the trun lane and ticketed for agreesive driving 40-6(or G)-397 whatever that means and for improper use of central turn lane 40-6-126. I have never been in trouble before, but lost it after this idiot threathed us. I had and I know this makes it worse and I feel horrible, but I had my eight year old daughter in the car. What is going to or could happen to me???? What should I do? I have never been in trouble before but I lost it tonight.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
A person commits the offense of aggressive driving when he/she operates any motor vehicle with the intent to annoy, harass, molest, intimidate, injure, or obstruct another person. Any person convicted of aggressive driving will be guilty of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature and a six point assessment toward the suspension of their drivers license. An aggressive driving conviction is considered a serious moving violation. It can result in expensive fines, increased insurance rates and possible jail time.If you have 15 points in a 24 month period your license will be suspended. If you are under 21 and are convicted of aggressive driving, your license will automatically be suspended. You should contact a criminal defense attorney and have them look at the facts of your case. They can see if you have any legal defenses and also try and work out a plea deal, that is in your best interest.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This sounds like a cookie cutter answer as it did not address what I said it is so general. I read this much from the internet. I said I have never been in trouble before. This does not sound like a response as much as a cut and paste answer.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.

Please tell me what you specifically want to know and I will be happy to answer it. Based on the facts presented, it is unlikely you will go to trial as you have no possible defenses for your actions. You likely will have to take a plea deal. While that plea deal should not involve jail time, it is possible. You are looking at points on your license, heavy fines and court costs and likely going to have to take aggressive driving school. If there is something I have not answered, let me know and I can follow it up. What I can not do is predict the future or the exact outcome of your case. Every case is different. Your case is randomly assigned to a Judge and prosecutor. What their stance is on aggressive driving and having a child in the car is beyond my knowledge.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Since I have never been in trouble before I don't know what a plea deal is or what that will be on my record does that leave you with a misdemeanor and if so will I have a criminal record with a plea deal? I understand the points, insurance hit, possible fines, and fees to be paid to an attorney.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
A plea deal is an option offered by the court, where a defendant can resolve their case without going to trial. Normally, the penalty you will face when taking a plea, is much less then if you go to trial and lose. If you take a plea, it will be on your record. You should ask the court at your first appearance, if there is any type of diversion program you can enter or a way to keep this off your record, seeing how you hold a CDL license and this could have an effect on it.
CrimDefense and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions