How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37852
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

dui, Had a dui 25 years ago, will that be used against me if

Resolved Question:

dui, Had a dui 25 years ago, will that be used against me if i got a dui again. arizona
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 years ago.



No it will not. The statute of limitations on enhancement for DUIs in Arizona is sixty months. It will be charged as another first offense.


Potential penalties:


First-time DUI with a BAC of at least 0.08, but less than 0.150

CLASS OF CRIMEClass 1 Misdemeanor
MAXIMUM JAILSix (6) months
MINIMUM JAILOne (1) day [10 days, 9 suspended]
COUNSELINGA drug/alcohol screening will be performed. The results of the screening can affect the duration of counseling.
MINIMUM FINE$250 + surcharge
PROBATION5 years (maximum)









I hope you have a better understanding of your question as a result of my comments. I am sorry if the answer is not what you would prefer, but as you know, sometimes the correct answer is good news, other times bad. I hope you have a better understanding of your legal issue as a result of my comments. If the information given in fact answered your question please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. If you need additional clarification on this question, don't hesitate to click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details. If you would like to have me help with further questions, you can request me personally in your question caption.

Barrister and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you