How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27230
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i stop the state of north carolina from pressing charges

Customer Question

how do i stop the state of north carolina from pressing charges on someone even though i asked for them not to be placed on a individual? my ex boyfriedn?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.

You cant stop charges from being filed, as the crime itself is against the State, even though you are the victim. The strength of the case depends on your cooperation with them. If you fail to return their phone calls or show up in court, they likely will not be able to proceed with the case. If you go to court and ask the DA to drop the charges, you need to present some valid argument. Him having PTSD is not a reason to drop the charges. However, if you version of the story would cause problems in the DA proving their case, they may not want to go forward.

CrimDefense and 7 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i never accepted the information it was nothelpful and my card was still charged that is false informatin who do i contact about my money and getting it backon my card?
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
What was not helpful about the information or what other questions do you have?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that is not what im asking it did not give me the information i needed i called a lawyer and they told me otherwise and u still chrged my card and u were not suppose to so that is false information and im going to report it to the better business burea if my money is not back on my card i never accpeted anything!
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
Ok. You request will be forwarded.

Related Criminal Law Questions