How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was convicted by a bench jury when i was 19 for criminal

Customer Question

i was convicted by a bench jury when i was 19 for criminal sexual abuse with a 15 year old who said we had sex twice in 10 mins which we just kissed for about 5 and talked for 5. the medical examination was 4 days after the acusation which stated her hymen was intact. I have been registering for 10 years and i am done in a few days. My question has two parts:
1. how can i get this re-opened or looked at, sealed or pardoned?
2. I am told that i don't have to register anymore but still have to follow all sex offender laws in illinois for life by the illinois state police. that doesn't seem right. is there someone can i can talk to?

thank you for your time
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



you can apply for a pardon through the Governor's office. if you get the pardon, then you can file for an expungment.


here is a link for that contact information. call and tell them you want a pardon application. the process is long and there are no guarantees that it would be granted, but well worth the effort.


good luck




Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i wanted an answer on if what i typed had warrant to re-open the case and/or how.

also need the 2nd question answered on resources or who i can talk to about the SO laws in illinois regarding after registeration of 10 years is complete.

can you help?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



no. you cannot reopen the case. you asked about getting it sealed and that is the information i provided.


if you are not required to register, that does not exempt you from the other laws.