How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wallstreetesq Your Own Question
wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 17248
Experience:  10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
wallstreetesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother is in prison, serving 57 years for rape. The sad

Customer Question

My brother is in prison, serving 57 years for rape. The sad thing is that all evidence says negative. He had an all white jury, his lawyer wasn't allowed to do anything about it. This allegedly happened to a William & Mary College student. 7 or more jurors worked for the college/retired. All read and were very familiar with his case. No matter what the case. they still served and judged. Everything is out of wack with his case. A majority, very obvious. He has been denied appeal. He also filed a hapias corpas, excuse me if that spelled wrong. How can we help him? Williamsburg,VA is a place that all call a buddy buddy system. Most lawyers from the outside refuse to come back to court in our jurisdiction. So many people are imprisoned here, especially of color, for rediculous amounts of time, without a fair trial. What do you do in a blind community, that based on who you are makes you guilty. How can I help my brother? How do I help others in this city oof no true justice. They have their own rules and laws. The judge even says he will make an example of all black men. And he will put as many behind bars as possible, before he leaves the bentch.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 7 years ago.
you need to file an appeal, it seems you may have justification for an appeal, speak to his lawyer or the ACLU or state legal aid society. Also try to get a copy of the transcript of the trial as that will show if their was any prejudice.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello, thanks for the information. We have already tried appealing. He doesn't have any appeals left. The first appeal went to the judge who sentenced him. The second to the Supreme Court and denied because of error. The ACLU we are working on now. What other options do we have?
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 7 years ago.
try to hire an investgator to see if the can find evidence to reopen the case, after the appeals are exhausted their is not much left