How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyLaw Your Own Question
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4219
Experience:  Over 13 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
KimberlyLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicted of a felon 19 years ago, since then I was married

Customer Question

I was convicted of a felon 19 years ago, since then I was married for 11 years, My wife and I have 9 children. The reason why I said only 11 years of being married , she died in the year of 2004. All of my children have been and some are still under my care and they're all doing good I recently lost my job after being there 18 years, (due to the company closing ).Even Looking for a job I'm asked about my past If I could change it I sure would ,but I can't . what do I do, because sometime it hurts
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 7 years ago.
Hello, I am happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do about your felony conviction. The only way to get it expunged is if it took place while you were a minor. The best you can do is show how you haven't done anything wrong since then and are a different person. You should be fine.

I hope this helps,