Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

in oregon - if a person has two prior felony cvonvictions

in oregon - if...
in oregon - if a person has two prior felony cvonvictions and is convicted a third time (burglary and id theft) arising from both state and us government charges what would a likely sentence be.liwhat would a likele sentence be? p.s. - this is not me...
11/3/2009
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Can you be specific as to what crime you are charged with (what state, felony first degree, etc) and EXACTLY the degree of your priors (misdemeanor A, etc).

eli - the person in question is my new son-in-law. all i know is that he has 2 prior felony convictions , i believe in oregon and washington. he was recently arrested by state of oregon and a search warrant was inacted by fbi. charges pending state and federal are burglary and theft (ident theft i believe). fbi confiscated computers etc from his garage at time search warrant was served. he is now out on bail from state of oregon..
So he is charged federally, correct?
not as of yet- apparently the state and feds are considering combining their charges - i understand that the state is working on a total lf 6 chargesof burglary and theft. since they are considering combining charges i assume the charges are similiar. i am just trying to get an idea of how long he might be put away - the longer the better. trhank you.
I can't give a clear estimate until I know what he is charged with. BUT, assuming that he is charged with TWO felonies with TWO prior felonies, then, I say about 25 years in jail and a 10,000 fine.
Ely, Counselor at Law
Ely, Counselor at Law